Haw Par Music Foundation Limited (“we”) respects personal data privacy and is committed to ensure that all personal data are handled in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486 of the laws of Hong Kong SAR) (“the Ordinance”) to set procedures.
Collection of Personal Data
From time to time, the Foundation may collect and use various types of personal data that we believe is necessary to conduct our activity or communication with you. The types of personal data we collect may include, but is not limited to:
- Contact information (e.g. name, mailing address, telephone number and email address);
- Unique identifiers (e.g. HKID and passport numbers);
- Billing information (e.g. credit card number, bank account information and billing address);
- Demographic information (e.g. age, gender, nationality, marital status, preferences, education background, and employment history).
Supply of personal data to us is non-obligatory, but failure to do so may result in us being unable to provide facilities and services to you.
Use of Personal Data
Your personal data may be used for the following purposes:
- Processing your service requests (i.e. event registration, ticket purchase, newsletter subscription, Friends of Haw Par registration, product purchase, donation, etc.) and providing you with the services;
- Facilitating communications between you and us in respect of your service requests;
- Personalising your experience of Haw Par Music with programmes and offerings that are most relevant to your interests;
- Notifying you of changes to our services that may affect you;
- Responding to and following up on your enquiries; and
- Conducting statistical analysis, research, surveys, quality assurance and review.
We intend to use your personal data for direct marketing carried out by us (or by an agent on our behalf), and for such purposes your personal data held by us may be provided to our business partners for their use for direct marketing. However, we may not so use or provide your personal data unless exempted by the Ordinance or we have received your consent.
If you give your consent for direct marketing, we intend to:
- Communicate with you on events, services, promotions and special offers at Haw Par Music that are most relevant to your interests;
- Communicate with you for potential support to us that is relevant to your interests and appropriate; and
- Perform other purposes directly related to any of the above.
You can always opt-out free-of-charge by contacting our Data Privacy Compliance Officer if you no longer wish any of your personal data to be used in any of the described direct marketing purposes.
We may from time to time also use aggregate non-identifying information about our customers to better design and improve our facilities and services that we offer. This information will not identify any individual in particular.
Transfer of Personal Data
The personal data collected will be kept confidential and used only for purposes as stated above. We will never sell, rent or exchange your details with any other organisation. We will ask for your consent to share personal information with third parties. Some of our service providers will have access to your data in order to perform services on our behalf. We require all service providers to respect the security of your personal data and comply with the Ordinance. We do not allow our service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Please also note that your personal data transferred to us may or may not be located within Hong Kong, and your information may be subject to cross-border transfer to places outside Hong Kong for necessary handling, processing or storage.
We will take all reasonably practicable steps to erase personal data that is no longer required for the purposes for which the data was originally collected, unless there is a specific legal requirement for us to keep the data. Should there be a need to retain personal data for statistical purposes, such personal data will be anonymised so that the individuals concerned can no longer be identified.
Linking with Third Party Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites hosted by third parties. We have no control of the content or privacy practices and policies of the linked websites or the way in which the operators of those websites deal with your personal data. You should review the privacy policies for those third party websites to understand the ways in which your personal data may be used by those third parties.
Personal Data Security
We are committed to protecting your personal data from unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use. In accordance with the Ordinance, your personal data will not be kept longer than necessary, and we will comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements in the Hong Kong SAR concerning the retention of personal data. The stored personal data will be accessed only by our staff or service providers who are authorised to do so.
Access to and Correction of Personal Data
You are entitled to request access to personal data held by us about you and to correct such data. In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, we may charge a reasonable fee for the processing of such data access requests.
You may send your request in writing to:
Data Privacy Compliance Officer
Haw Par Music Foundation Limited
15A Tai Hang Road, Tai Hang, Hong Kong